This is the updated 2022-2023 Version (click here for the 2021-2022 version)
Books and Curriculum
● Merchandise may be returned within 90 days of purchase as long as it is in new, unmarked, re-sellable condition. E-books and other digital merchandise are non-refundable. Self-Paced Courses are refundable within 90 day if less than 50% of the course is completed. For Live Online drop policy, see Appendix A.
● To return materials, please call our service department at 1-800-922-5082 or send a detailed email to email@example.com in order to receive a RSN (Return Shipment Number) and Return Instructions. Merchandise must be received no more than 30 days after Return Instructions have been sent.
● Returns sent back within 90 days without an RMA or according to RMA Instructions may incur up to a 15% restocking fee due to additional processing cost. Returns sent back without an RMA outside of 90 days will be discarded without refund or shipped back at the family’s cost. Please pack returned merchandise carefully to avoid damage in shipping. Damaged items will be discarded without refund or shipped back at the family’s cost. (Note: If shipping items back using USPS, we recommend insuring the package.) Consumed items are not returnable and will not receive a refund.
● Credit card refunds will be returned to the card used on the original purchase once the return package has been received by Veritas. If the refund is rejected after an initial attempt, we will issue a refund check to the billing address on file.
● Refunds take one business day to process from the date received.
● If the original order was damaged, defective, or incorrectly shipped from Veritas, please
contact us within 90 days at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the issue so that we may best
assist you in correcting the error.
● A kit must be returned in its entirety. Partial kit returns will not be accepted. Upon request,
families may opt to keep some items from a kit and "purchase" them at full price. Refunds will be the cost of the kit minus the full cost of kept items.
● Self-Paced Courses are refundable within 90 day if less than 50% of the course is completed.
● Self-Paced course extensions may be purchased for one month at $25 or six months at $50. Completed Self Paced courses are not eligible for extension.
Complete Grade Level Packages
● Books must be returned in full to receive a refund for the book portion of the Complete Grade Level Package. Individual returned books will not be refunded. Digital items are not eligible for return and will be deducted from any refund.
● If a Complete Grade Level Package includes Live Online classes, the order will be held before payment is processed. A Service Representative will reserve seats in the sections with the least availability and contact the parent to schedule the Live Online classes. In the event the family purchasing the package is unresponsive after seven days from purchase date, the reserved seats will be made available to all families. If the family purchasing the package is unresponsive after 30 days from purchase date, the order will be cancelled.
● While finalizing their schedule on the phone with a Service Representative, families may transfer to any course section for free. Any transfers after that point are subject to a $15 transfer fee.
● Deposits are refundable only before a seat has been taken in the family’s preferred course. If the desired section is available and registered under their student's account, the deposit is no longer refundable.
● Monthly charges listed on Complete Grade Level Package product pages are calculated by the number of months remaining in the payment plan and will differ from the listed monthly price depending on the remaining number of months or if a package is customized to include additional or fewer Live Online classes.
● All Live Online classes purchased within Complete Grade Level Packages are subject to Veritas Scholars Academy Terms and Conditions.
● Residential orders in the United States and US Territories: Orders under $50 will be charged $6. Orders $50 or greater are eligible for free no rush shipping.
● Canada: Orders under $50 will be charged $10. Orders $50 or greater will be charged $20.
● International: A $10 shipping and handling fee will be added to the order at checkout. After
the order has been placed, a shipping quote will be sent to the email address used to place the order. The order will be held until a shipping option is selected. The shipping quote is valid for 30 days. If the quote is not accepted within 30 days, all items to be shipped will be removed from the order (digital items will still be processed).
● If it is likely that we will have all of your order items within a week, we may wait to ship all your materials at once. We may ship some items immediately and send the remainder of your order when all the materials are available for shipping. International orders will be held until all items are in stock.
● For schools shipping costs, please inquire through Services for Schools. For Distributor and Reseller shipping costs, please inquire through Reseller Information.
Veritas Scholars Academy 2022-2023 Academic Year
This agreement is for the purpose of running efficient and effective online classes. It is made between Veritas Press, Inc. (“Veritas”), dba Veritas Scholars Academy (“VSA”), each individual student ("Student") and his legal guardian(s) (“Parents”), and each person auditing a course ("Auditor") and his Parents. A teacher (“Teacher”) who will be an agent of Veritas for all matters related to each course will be assigned to teach, grade all work, and communicate Student’s progress with Parents.
1. Parental Responsibility: Parents are expected to assume primary responsibility for their Student’s education and to:
● Ensure each course is used by an individual Student.
● Ensure their Student is the appropriate age for the course.
● Ensure that if more than one Student is enrolled in the same course, each Student
must have his own computer, headset, and microphone.
● Ensure their Student will have sufficient mastery of English writing skills, including
grammar, vocabulary, and expression commensurate with the level of the course.
● Ensure their Student has a reasonable ability to type on a computer keyboard.
● Supervise Student’s academic work to ensure that assignments are
completed in required formats and by due dates.
● Monitor Student’s learning assessments (tests, exams, etc.), as applicable, to ensure academic integrity.
● Procure all required equipment, books and materials, in the version stipulated by Veritas, needed for each registered course.
● Ensure that Internet and Learning Management System access, computer, a headset with microphone, and any additional technology such as a smartphone camera or scanner needed for Parents and Students are working properly.
● Ensure their Student makes every reasonable effort to be present for class.
● Stay current with teacher messages in the Learning Management System.
● Pay all tuition and fees in a timely manner as outlined in Appendix A.
3. Contact Information: Families will make timely changes to contact information in their Account found on the Veritas website: https://vpsa.veritaspress.com.
4. Attendance: Students are expected to attend all live online classes. Students will make every reasonable effort to be present for class. Class archives are available in the Learning Management System. Students are expected to watch archives and complete the Archive Viewing Report for any missed classes. Students are responsible for obtaining any notes or assignments and completing any graded material from any classes missed.
5. Waitlists: Waitlists help Veritas determine when there is demand for more sections of a course at a particular meeting time. If and when demand is sufficient, Veritas will open new sections to meet the needs of waitlisted students. Therefore, the same deposit to register for a secured seat is required to go on the waitlist.
If a seat becomes available, the Parent will receive an email alert to the email address listed under the primary account. The Parent will have 72 hours to accept the seat or forfeit it. If the seat is not accepted, the seat will be automatically forfeited and offered to the next Student on the waitlist. If the seat is declined by all Students on the waitlist, it will become available for public enrollment.
Waitlists are non refundable. Certain exclusions apply. Please see Appendix A for more details.
6. Cancellations or Changes to Courses: Course offerings and teachers are subject to change without notice. When cancellations or changes are made by VSA, registered students may elect to be transferred to a different section if seats are available and will not be charged a transfer fee. Upon withdrawal from the course within ten days of the cancellation or change notification, any deposit and paid tuition may be refunded, or course credit provided, at the customer’s discretion.
7. Arbitration: Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the use of the Veritas website, registration in any classes or clubs, use of Veritas product(s), or any act or omission for which a Parent may contend that Veritas is liable, including but not limited to any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (dispute), shall be finally and exclusively settled by binding arbitration. Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any state or federal court having jurisdiction in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award damages in connection with any dispute in excess of the actual compensatory damages and shall not multiply actual damages or award consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto.
Neither the Parent nor Veritas shall be entitled to join or consolidate claims in arbitration by or against other consumers or arbitrate any claim as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. The Parent voluntarily and knowingly waives any right they have to a jury trial. These terms provide that all disputes between the Parent and Veritas will be resolved by binding arbitration. The Parent thus gives up any rights to go to court to assert or defend his/her rights. The Parent also gives up his/her rights to participate in or bring class actions. Parent’s rights will be determined by neutral arbitrator(s), not a judge or jury.
Terms and conditions are subject to change. Advanced notice of any significant changes will be provided.
The Veritas Press Referral Program (“The Program”) allows Customers of Veritas (“Members”) to earn credits (“Credits”) toward future purchases on VeritasPress.com by referring friends (“Friends”) to become new customers on VeritasPress.com.
To participate, Members agree to the following terms:
Members can earn Credits if: (i) a referred Friend clicks on the Member’s referral link to create a valid VeritasPress.com account; and (ii) the Friend completes a Qualifying Purchase (as defined below). Referring Members cannot earn Credits for any purchase for which they refer themselves, their spouse or children. Friends are considered to be anyone NOT in the referring Member’s immediate family. Credits may not be earned by creating multiple Veritas Press Accounts. Credits accrued in separate Veritas Press accounts may not be combined into one Veritas Press account.
Members will be given $25 Credit to their account on VeritasPress.com for each referred Friend upon their completion of a Qualifying Purchase on VeritasPress.com. If the Friend spends less than $100 on their first order, no Credit will be applied to the referring Member and no purchases, even of $100 or more in the future by the referred Friend, will qualify the Member to receive $25 Credit.
A qualifying purchase (Qualifying Purchase) must have the minimum total value (excluding fees, discounts, or taxes) of $100. It will not be considered a Qualifying Purchase, and therefore no Credits will be earned if the referring Member is referring to an immediate family member if the purchase is canceled or returned at any time. The purchase by the Friend must be their first purchase at VeritasPress.com. The Qualifying Purchase must be paid via VeritasPress.com, and the referred Friend must complete the purchase and not return the products for the referring Member to receive Credits.
Credits may only be redeemed at VeritasPress.com. Once earned, Credits will appear on the referring Member’s dashboard and at checkout. It may be necessary to enter a code at checkout to redeem the credit. Credits must be used within one year from the date they are issued, after which they will expire. Credits are issued for promotional purposes; they have no cash value and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. Credits may not be applied to Live Online Courses, enrollment fees, or event registration fees. They are only applicable to products available for purchase on VeritasPress.com. VPSA.VeritasPress.com is excluded.
Please contact us if there is a discrepancy regarding your credit. Veritas Press may require you to submit additional information in order to make a determination regarding your balance. All decisions regarding your balance will be final and at Veritas Press’s sole discretion.
You are responsible for tax consequences that may result from your redemption or use of credits. Where applicable, Veritas Press may be required to account for VAT on any services for which the Credits are redeemed.
Referrals should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes. Referral links should not be published or distributed on commercial websites (such as coupon websites, Reddit, or Wikipedia) or on blogs. Members are prohibited from “spamming” anyone with referral invitations. This includes mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not know or using automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute your referral link. Members are prohibited from paying to advertise their referral links.
Referred Friends who have signed up using a valid referral link will also receive credit in the form of a coupon or coupon codes in the amount(s) indicated in the referral invitation or accompanying promotional materials that can be used on their next Qualifying Purchase on VeritasPress.com. Coupon codes that are not automatically applied must be entered during checkout. Coupon codes may not be transferred to another person, exchanged for cash, or combined with other Veritas Press referral programs or incentives. Each coupon code may only be used on VeritasPress.com in conjunction with the purchase that meets the minimum total value (excluding fees, discounts or taxes) indicated in the referral invitation, accompanying promotional materials, Veritas Press website, or any Veritas Press mobile application for that type of purchase.
Coupon codes expire one year from when you sign up for a Veritas Press account. Veritas Press reserves the right to any remedy, including cancellation of your account or purchases, if fraud, tampering, violations of these terms or Veritas Press’s Terms and Conditions, or technical errors are suspected. Void where prohibited. If your purchase later qualifies for a refund, the maximum refund you may receive is the amount you actually paid.
A referred Friend may only use one referral link. If a referred Friend receives referral links from multiple Members, only the Member associated with the referral link actually used by the referred Friend will receive Credit.
The Program may not be combined with other Veritas Press referral programs or incentives. If a referred Friend receives referral links from multiple Veritas Press referral programs, preference will be given to payment via the most recent referrer’s referral program, voiding eligibility from older programs.
If any provision in these terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Veritas Press may suspend, change, or terminate the Program or a user’s ability to participate in it at any time for any reason.
We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove Credits if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of the Veritas Press Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals in our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate.
The scope, variety, and type of services and products that you may obtain by redeeming Credits can change at any time.
We may update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these terms, we will post the modification on the VeritasPress.com website, applications, or services, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
The present Terms and Conditions regulate the Affiliate Program provided by Veritas Press (The Merchant) and represent the agreement between the seller and the individual or entity joining the Affiliate Program (the "Affiliate", "you").
Please read the following article carefully as it represents a legally binding agreement between you and the Merchant. By submitting your application and thereafter participating in the Affiliate Program, you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Affiliate Agreement. The Merchant may deactivate your Affiliate Account at any time, with or without notice, in case of any agreement breach, for any activity that it believes may be harmful to its business or to any other related party.
The Merchant provides the Affiliate with specific direct links and/or coupon codes to/ of the merchant’s products to be promoted by the Affiliate. The Merchant will track users who have followed these links and/or used the provided coupon codes.
The Affiliate will be able to track purchases while the cookie is active, the tracking gap will be initially determined by the Merchant. All purchases made within this gap will be considered as referrals of the Affiliate and recorded as such in the Affiliate Dashboard.
The Affiliate is not allowed to modify or alter the links and cookies in any way. The Merchant is not responsible for any tracking or reporting errors that may result from any modifications made to the links or cookies.
The Affiliate is entitled to receive a one-time payment ("Commission") for each product purchase covered by this Affiliate Program. Commissions will be payable only when the Affiliate has at least 1 purchase (taking into account the commission holding period).
All commissions will be payable in US Dollars only unless otherwise determined by the Merchant. Payments will be made via PayPal or another agreed-upon method. The Affiliate must provide the Merchant with the accurate details required for commission remittance and is solely responsible for any delayed payments.
In case of any suspicious activity from the Affiliate’s part, the Merchant has the right to hold commission payments to verify transactions. The Merchant retains the right to recalculate or revoke commissions in case of any illegal activity.
By providing the Affiliate with links and/ or product coupon codes, the Merchant hereby gives the Affiliate a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to use these materials for the sole purpose of promoting our products within the Affiliate Program. The license will expire upon termination of the Affiliate's participation in the Affiliate Program.
The Affiliate will be solely responsible for his/her own marketing activities. All activities must be professional and be fully compliant with all applicable laws.
The Merchant may, without prior warning, require the Affiliate to remove or modify any advertisements in the Merchant's sole discretion.
The Affiliate has the right to immediately rescind the Affiliate's participation in the Affiliate Program after giving the other party a prior notification of termination.
The Merchant retains the right to rescind the Affiliate's participation in the Affiliate Program, in its sole discretion, for any breach of this Affiliate Agreement or for any activity that may be harmful to the Merchant, to its business or any third party.
Upon termination, the Affiliate will be deprived of access to its affiliate data and will lose all potential and/or unpaid commissions.
The Merchant and the Affiliate are independent entities. Nothing stated in this Agreement will create any partnership or joint venture relationship between these parties. The Affiliate is not authorized to act on the behalf of the Merchant.
The Affiliate participates in the provided Affiliate Program at his/her own risk. The Merchant gives no warranties, either expressed or implied any service, or information related to the Affiliate Program and provided in it.
The Merchant is not responsible for any damages or economic losses resulting from the use of the Affiliate Program. Should any part of the Affiliate Program bring damage or inconvenience to the Affiliate, the Affiliate assumes all responsibility for them.
The Affiliate will indemnify the Merchant, its directors, all staff members, and third parties against any losses and expenses related to the Affiliate and/or any third party's operations arising from the use of the Affiliate Program.
The Merchant may, in its sole discretion, change or modify this Affiliate Agreement at any time, with or without notice. All changes and/or modifications will become effective upon posting to this web address: Veritaspress.com. The Affiliate should regularly read this document to make sure that his/her use of the Affiliate Program remains compliant with this Affiliate Agreement.
If any modification is unacceptable to the Affiliate, he/she may immediately terminate the present agreement. His/her continued participation in the Affiliate Program will constitute binding acceptance of such modifications.
The Affiliate must be over the age of 18 in order to enter into this Affiliate Agreement.
The Affiliate guarantees that all his/her activity related to the Affiliate Program is entirely compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, and any requirements of public authority. The Merchant retains the right to terminate the Affiliate's participation in the Affiliate Program, in its sole discretion, if any of the Affiliate's actions breach any regulations of governmental authority.
This Affiliate Agreement represents the entire understanding between the Merchant and the Affiliate. This Affiliate Agreement overrides any other accepted agreements between the parties and neither party shall be bound by any statements not covered in this Agreement.
All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of Pennsylvania. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses. Attorneys' fees will not be included. Any such arbitration shall be conducted by an experienced arbitrator agreed upon by both parties and shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.